Thursday, December 12, 2013

Sticky sit down on a subway

We see ourselves as who we want to be. Which distortion is chosen depends as much on you as it does on me.

Wind up the clocks then wind them down, then go through life as a jester and a clown.

But they say you can't make it on life. Get high get drunk just as long as you have a wife.

Don't speculate, stand up straight, and most important, don't deny fate.

Do what's right, don't fight. You're just wrong so find the light.

The light of half truths and deceit. All falsehoods that many believe, thanks, but I'll walk on my own two feet.

And when the heavens light with fire I'll stand tall in my spire to ignite your funeral pire. Persuade me to perspire, I dare you, live on wire.

 Then when you're tested and found wanting I won't be vaunting my own past which you are now haunting pretending to be flaunting. Bodies of hopes and dreams which breath beneath you like a howl and all you do is fight off the growl which awaits your foul smelled deeds upon that thing you call your cowl. This sits upon your head like a crown, but how many have grown out of your hate and faith?

None, I say, none.

That withstand your glare, trapped in your lair. You say you love, that you bring the sign of the dove. But what have you done but make rip and gnaw and gnash and turned our world to ash? Then call it caring, returning occasionally to see how we're fairing. All the while not sparing your hand from the man whose bands wrap tight around the hand.

We are not slaves we are not drones but you would have us bend and moan. Is it lonely knowing you're all alone sitting on your throne? As the cold winds are blown and all your precious glories flown and none your children grown.



No comments:

Post a Comment